From the creepy realm of myspace...
1. Rebulican or Democrat? Liberal or conservative?
I consider myself socially liberal (i.e. pro-choice, gay rights, don't ignore the poor, question the shit out or authority, etc.), but fiscally centrist (ie capitalism is okay, but corporations should not be recognized as people and should be regulated within reason) Neither of the major political parties in this country completely represent me, so I am registered with neither, and tend to vote for candidates from both parties based on whether I feel they are with me on the issues. The republicans need to chill the fuck out on the power grabbing, and the democrats need to grow some testicles. The repubs need to stay the hell out of my moral business and the dems need to keep their grimeys off my guns, period.
2. Do you read mostly books or magazines?
A little of both, most of which is internet-based
3. Do you play any instruments?
my voice is the only instrument I know how to play. I love music in most forms and have a pretty decent ear for it.
4. Do you get along with your parents?
Marginally. I abhor their lifestyle (they're 50-ish, still don't own a house, have shitty credit, but still go out and party all the time. They smoke and drink and really don't take care of themselves physically or mentally.)but can be civil about it.
5. Tropical beach vacation or educational vacation?
educational. you should never stop learning until they shut the fuckin lid.
6. How many friends can you honestly say you have?
one or two
7. Outgoing or shy?
middle of the road.
8. What are the most important qualities you look for in a partner?
my wife has a backbone. She is willing to teach and to learn.
9. Have you ever fantasized about being with your bestfriends partner?
my best friend is a girl (my wife) and I don't have to fantasize about being with myself.
10. Are you an organ donor?
Would you like to see my organ? Seriously, when I die, they can have any part of me they want. It's not like I'll need it for anything.
11. Do you eat meat?
In LIMITED amounts in order to keep my effing blood pressure down. My grandmother has been taking meds for that since she was my age (29). Not me. I'd rather sacrifice and become a vegetarian, because I sure as hell don't want to go out like that. I'm too young.
12. Any moving violations?
everytime I move it's a violation. hehe seriously, I drive like an old man.
13. Have you ever been in a major car accident?
rearended in Feb 2005. Got a pretty nasty whiplash from it. Frickin dipshit who caused the whole thing had no insurance. Jim=waiting to get his damn deductible back. I'll prolly have to take the schmuck to court.
14. What is your favorite sport to play?
running, because it's the only one I'm good at.
15. What is your favorite sport to watch?
Mexican soccer, but it's more like watching my father-in-law hurl insults in spanish at the screen when someone misses a goal. Funny shit, if you ever get to see an old mexican man yell "¡ORALE, GUEY!" at the screen, you'll know what I mean.
16. If you could start all over, would you?
no. things happen for a reason. life is a continuous learning experience. i value every lesson, regardless of how I came about it.
17. What is your favorite Starbucks beverage?
pumpkin spice latte
18. Where do you buy your jeans?
19. What is your car make and model?
02 kia sedona minivan and a 98 isuzu rodeo (my wife drives the rodeo)
20. Do you like the way your life has turned out?
21. How many people do you think will repost this out of your myspace friends?
yeah. I like my peeps to see where I'm coming from with things. I'm prolly going to drop a copy in LJ as well.