Frickin' old farts, I tell ya. I have a few things to be thankful for today:
- my marriage is solidifying.
- i can have a blast with my children, and i'm becoming a better dad.
- i have a few good friends instead of a bunch of fly-by-nigh acquaintences
- i work with a solid crew that can joke around, and somehow be serious about getting the job done at the same time.
- i am more self-aware than i was a year ago
- i'm beginning to realize that how my life turns out can be attributed to my attitude 90% of the time
- our financial future is looking brighter
- i have a place where i can chat with fellow Monroe Comprehensive High School alumni.
There are a couple or three issues that I still have yet to resolve:
- why is it my responsibility to do all the work in maintaining the relationship with my mom and stepdad, i.e. why do i have to call them, but they never call me unless something is wrong? what should I do about it when i know that confronting them about it will never in hell work, no matter how benevolent i try to be to them? FUCK!
- where, oh where, is my father? did he get my letter? is he still alive? FUCK!
- why is bush still in office? is he spying on me? should i even care about the government or politics anymore? isn't it all just circling the drain anyway?
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND FOLKS! I know I will, whether the fates like it or not. PFFFFT!!!